- The Wales Sport Awards are jointly run by Sport Wales and BBC Cymru Wales and these terms and conditions govern the nomination and award processes.
- The nomination process is open from 20th September 2016 until Midday on 30th September 2016.
- Applications must be made by a nominator (a “Nominator”) on behalf of another person. Individuals may not nominate themselves. Nominations are invited from members of the public.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations that can be made by an individual.
- Nominees may only be shortlisted in one main category.
- No nominations can be made by a member of the Wales Sport Awards judging panel, or the combined Sport Wales and BBC Cymru Wales internal shortlisting panel.
- Nominators must be over 18 years of age.
- Where a nominee for the Young Coach or the Young Volunteer categories is under 18 years of age, the nominee’s Parent or Legal Guardian must provide consent. Nomination forms sent by post must be signed by the nominee’s Parent or Legal Guardian and online nominations must confirm that Parent or Legal Guardian consent has been given.
- Nominees in the coaching categories:
(a) must hold a coaching qualification recognised by their sport’s governing body; and
(b) can be Welsh domiciled and coaching in Wales; Welsh domiciled and coaching outside of Wales; or a non-Welsh domiciled coach coaching Welsh sportspeople.
- Nominees in the volunteer categories are not required to hold a coaching qualification but must carry out their volunteering role in Wales.
- Nominations can be made: Online at www.walessportawards.co.uk. By emailing a completed nomination form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. By posting a completed nomination form to: Wales Sport Awards c/o Events, Sport Wales National Centre, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9SW. Nominations received after the deadline will be ineligible.
- Nomination forms – including personal information – should be completed in full.
- Nominations will be judged only on the information supplied and their contribution to the category criteria.
- All achievements should be for the period 1st September 2015 to 31st August 2016.
- Shortlisting will be completed for:
Young Coach, Young Volunteer, Volunteer, Community Coach, Coach to Disabled People, lifetime achievement (community)
- a) Six nominees will be shortlisted for each category by a combined Sport Wales and BBC Cymru Wales internal panel.
- b) The Wales Sport Awards judging panel will then shortlist three for each category.
- c) The Winner will be announced on the awards ceremony evening.
Team of the Year, Coach of the Year, lifetime achievement (elite)
(Note: Details of the process for the BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year Award, Unsung Hero Award and Carwyn James Sportswoman and Sportsman will be announced separately.)
- a) A combined Sport Wales and BBC Cymru Wales internal panel will produce a shortlist.
- b) The Wales Sport Awards judging panel will decide the finalists and winners.
- c) The winner will be announced on the awards ceremony evening.
- All nomination details will be checked with the relevant national governing body or relevant sporting partner. Nominations will proceed unless nominations details are proved to be factually inaccurate or disciplinary concerns are registered.
- All finalists will be contacted within 48 hours of the judging panel to be informed of the selection as a finalist and a date will be set for promotional pictures to be arranged.
- The finalists will be expected to attend the awards ceremony on the evening of Monday 5th December 2016. Finalists will be responsible for their own, and any of their permitted guests’ travel and accommodation arrangements and expenses.
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony.
- The panels’ decision is final. No correspondence relating to the Awards will be entered into.
- Nominees would be expected to take part in awards publicity if required.
- Wales Sport Awards reserves the right to:
(i) Vary the opening and closing times for making nominations and to vary the date of the announcement of the awards;
(ii) Disqualify any nominee who breaches the rules, these terms and conditions, or fails to meet the category description or has acted fraudulently or disreputably in any way; and
(iii) Cancel or vary the awards or any of the selection processes or criteria, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- Wales Sport Awards cannot accept any responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any nomination not being properly registered.
- Wales Sport Awards will only use an individual’s personal information for the purposes of administering this award and other than as outlined in these terms and conditions, will not publish or provide them to anyone without the permission of the individual.
- Sport Wales is responsible for collection and processing of personal information on behalf of Wales Sport Awards as part of the nomination process in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- As part of the judging process, Sport Wales will share nominees’ personal information with BBC Cymru Wales. The BBC will only use the information for this purpose and will keep it secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Wales Sport Awards will submit details of finalists for the UK Coaching Awards 2016 run by Sports Coach UK (scUK).
- By submitting a nomination the nominator is certifying that he/she understands and accepts the terms and conditions.