This award recognises the outstanding contribution of a coach to getting more people starting, staying and/or succeeding in community sport through high quality coaching.
This category is open to volunteer or paid coaches.
What we’re looking for:
• Evidence of the impact the coach has had on widening access to sport through coaching in a community setting.
• Evidence of work with particularly under-represented groups within the sport or activity.
• Evidence of how the coach understands and caters for the diverse needs of all participants and promotes equity and inclusion.
• Evidence of how the coach safeguards their participants and provides suitable coaching for the participant’s stage of development.
• Examples of innovative practice.
• Evidence of the wider impact the coach has on the participants / performers they coach (such as personal development, health and wellbeing and educational attainment), and the positive impact that they have within the community.
Recognised coaching qualification required.
For achievements between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018.
There are no age restrictions for nominees.
The nomination window is now closed for this category.