1. The Wales Sport Awards are jointly run by Sport Wales and BBC Cymru Wales and these terms and conditions govern the nomination and award processes.
2. The nomination process is open from midday 2nd September 2019 until midnight on 22nd September 2019
3. Nominations are invited from members of the public.
4. There is no limit to the number of nominations that can be made by an individual.
5. Nominees may only be shortlisted in one main category.
6. No nominations can be made by a member of the Wales Sport Awards judging panel, or the internal shortlisting panel.
7. Nominators must be over 18 years of age.
8. If the nominee is under 18 years of age, the nominee’s Parent or Legal Guardian must provide consent. Online nominations must confirm that Parent or Legal Guardian consent has been given.
9. Nominees who are coaches must hold a recognised coaching qualification
10. Nominees who are volunteers are not required to hold a coaching qualification but must carry out their volunteering role in Wales.
11. Nominations can be made: online at www.walessportawards.co.uk. By emailing a completed nomination form to: email@example.com or send us a video nomination of no more than 2 minutes via our Sport Wales Facebook page inbox or Messenger, clearly stating your details and that of the nominee.
12. Nominations received after the deadline will be ineligible.
13. Nomination forms – including personal information – should be completed in full.
14. Nominations will be judged only on the information supplied and their contribution to the category criteria.
15. All achievements should be for the period 1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019.
16. Shortlisting will be completed for: Getting Active Award, Inspiring Person of the Year and Great Sport Story of the Year
a) Three nominees will be shortlisted for each category by a combined Sport Wales and BBC Cymru Wales internal panel.
b) The Wales Sport Awards external judging panel will then choose one winner for each category.
c) The Winner will be announced before or on the awards ceremony evening. Team of the Year, Coach of the Year and Lifetime Achievement will be announced on the night. (Note: Details of the process for the BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year Award, Unsung Hero Award and Carwyn James Sportswoman and Sportsman available separately).
17. All nomination details will be checked with the relevant national governing body or relevant sporting partner. Nominations will proceed unless nominations details are proved to be factually inaccurate or disciplinary concerns are registered.
18. Community finalists will be contacted within 72 hours of the judging panel to be informed and a date will be set for promotional pictures and filming to be arranged, as well as media coverage and promotion.
19. The finalists will be expected to attend the awards ceremony on the evening of Tuesday 10th December 2019. Finalists will be responsible for their own, and any of their permitted guests’ travel and accommodation arrangements and expenses.
21. The panels’ decision is final. No correspondence relating to the Awards will be entered into.
22. Wales Sport Awards reserves the right to:
(i) Vary the opening and closing times for making nominations and to vary the date of the announcement of the awards;
(ii) Disqualify any nominee who breaches the rules, these terms and conditions, or fails to meet the category description or has acted fraudulently or disreputably in any way;
(iii) Cancel or vary the awards or any of the selection processes or criteria, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control, and
(iv) Administrators may re-assign a nomination form to a more appropriate category, should they feel necessary
23. Wales Sport Awards cannot accept any responsibility for technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any nomination not being properly registered.
24. Wales Sport Awards will only use an individual’s personal information for the purposes of administering this award and other than as outlined in these terms and conditions, will not publish or provide them to anyone outside of staff and the adjudication process. Nominees will be contacted to inform them that they have been nominated and giving them the option to opt out should they wish
25. Sport Wales is responsible for collection and processing of personal information on behalf of Wales Sport Awards as part of the nomination process in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
26. As part of the judging process, Sport Wales will share nominees’ personal information with BBC Cymru Wales. The BBC will only use the information for this purpose and will keep it secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
27. Wales Sport Awards will forward details of coaching nominations for the UK Coaching Awards 2019 run by Sports Coach UK (scUK). By submitting a nomination for a coach, the nominator agrees to this process.
28. By submitting a nomination, the nominator is certifying that he/she understands and accepts the terms and conditions.